Depends on the internet protocol for the type of domain you have, some domains can be transferred instantly, most have to go through a 3 day process, some can take 5 days, it depends on the domain registrar.
Nope. We manage the process for you as to ensure you get zero downtime.
Most of our clients transfer to us because our prices are cheaper, and they get much better technical support.
How to transfer
Select your current domain provider:
- Login into your account here: www.crazydomains.com.au/login/domain-name-login/
- Select the ‘Domains’ icon near the top to get a list of domains you have
- Click on the domain name
- Click on the (3 lines) menu bar, and select ‘Registry Key’
- Copy the Password, and email it to us
- First, login to your webcentral account here theconsole.webcentral.au
- On your overview page, find the domain name you like transfer, and select ‘Manage’
- This should bring you to the Dashboard, under the Settings heading select ‘Domain Name’
- Now you should be seeing the Domain information, where it says ‘Domain password’, select ‘show’
- Copy the password, and email it to us
- Login in to GoDaddy here: sso.godaddy.com
- Under ‘My Account’ (at the top), select ‘Domains’
- Find the domain, and click on the domain name itself
- Scroll to the bottom, and turn off, ‘Domain Lock’, then ‘Continue’
- Once unlocked, select ‘Transfer to Another Registrar’ link (at the bottom)
- At the bottom of the page select the button ‘Continue with transfer’
- Check that the email address that is shown is correct
- Click the button ‘Click here to see Authorization Code’
- Copy code, and email it to us
Login to your Oz hosting control panel, here my.ozhosting.com
Oz hosting has no automated procedure for transferring domains out! So raise a support ticket if its about .com/.co.uk domains.
- Obtain the authorisation code: Login or contact your current domain registrar and request the domain password/EPP
- Provide the new registrar and provide them with the necessary information, including the domain name and authorisation code
- You will receive an automated email asking for confirmation of the transfer
- The transfer process can take anywhere from a few hours to several days. Once completed, your domain will be under the management of your new registrar
Cheaper Domains (cheaperdomains.com.au), only allow inbound, not outbound domain transfers.
To get around this use Australian domain authority at: pw.auda.org.au
- Login to your at my.yola.com
- On the very top menu, select domains
- On the domain you like to transfer, select ‘Advanced settings’
- Under ‘Transfer your domain to another registrar’ untick the option ‘Lock this domain’
- An authorisation code / EPP code should shortly be sent to you from OpenSRS/Tucows
- Forward this email to us so that we can process the transfer
.com.au domain transfers
Transfer is completely free, we just need your domain (EPP) password. Takes about 3 days after registered email address verification. Domain renew dates remain unchanged.
.com & .net domain transfers
We just need your domain (EPP) password. A domain renewal will have to take place as part of the transfer process.
.uk domain transfers
You will need to unlock your domain, and set the domain tag (IPS TAG) to ‘SYNERGY-AU’. Once this is done, we can start the transfer process from our end. This applies to domains such as .co.uk, org.uk, me.uk, .net.uk, .gov.uk, etc..
web hosting transfer
We would require your cpanel username and password. We are able to transfer hosting servers with no downtime, and we do this free of charge.
The details of the process often depends on your current host provider, but normally we first prepare the current domain DNS and run a backup of your website. This backup is then used to re-build the website on the new host server. As soon as we can see it successfully working on the new server, we change the DNS so that services are switch over.
What is a domain transfer?
A domain transfer is the process of changing the registered ownership of a domain name from one person or organisation to another. This can be useful if you want to change who is in control of your website’s address, or if you want to move your website to a different hosting provider. The process of transferring a domain typically involves several steps, including obtaining authorisation from the current owner, providing the necessary contact information for the new owner, and paying any applicable fees. It’s important to note that transferring a domain can take some time to complete, and it may also result in the loss of any website or email services that are associated with the domain.
Here’s some useful tips about domain transfers
- Research the new registrar: Before initiating a domain transfer, make sure to do your research and find a reputable registrar with good customer service and reasonable pricing. Check reviews and ratings online to get an idea of their reputation.
- Verify eligibility: Make sure that your domain name is eligible for transfer. As mentioned earlier, some domain names may not be transferable if they were recently registered or are in a locked status.
- Obtain authorisation code: Request an authorisation code from your current registrar, also known as an EPP code or transfer code. This code is necessary to initiate the transfer process with the new registrar.
- Initiate transfer: Once you have the authorisation code, initiate the transfer process with the new registrar. You will need to provide the authorisation code, as well as your contact information and payment for any applicable fees.
- Confirm transfer completion: Once the transfer is initiated, the new registrar will communicate with the old registrar to complete the transfer. The process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks, depending on the registrars involved. Once the transfer is complete, confirm that the domain is now registered with the new registrar.
- Verify website and email settings: After the transfer is complete, you may need to update your website and email settings to ensure they continue to function properly. Check with your new registrar or website host if you are unsure of how to make these updates.
- Monitor for issues: Keep an eye on your website and email services for any issues that may arise after the transfer. If you notice any problems, contact your new registrar for assistance.
What is a web host transfer?
All websites are stored on a server, a server which is hosting your website, otherwise known as a web host. Your website would normally stay on the same server, but under some circumstances you may want to move your website to a new web host. Not all web hosts are the same, so you first need to make sure the new web host is compatible for moving your website.
Here’s some useful tips about web host transferring
- Choose a reputable web host: Before choosing a new web host, do some research and make sure they have a good reputation. Read reviews from other users and check their uptime guarantee to make sure your website will be available to your visitors.
- Backup your website: Before you transfer your website, it’s important to make a backup of your website’s files and databases. This ensures that if anything goes wrong during the transfer, you’ll have a copy of your website that you can restore.
- Check for compatibility: Make sure the new web host supports the same technology and software that your website currently uses. For example, if your website is built on WordPress, make sure the new web host supports WordPress and its associated plugins.
- Plan ahead for downtime: Depending on the size and complexity of your website, transferring it to a new web host can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Plan ahead for any potential downtime by letting your visitors know that your website will be temporarily unavailable.
- Test your website after the transfer: Once your website has been transferred to the new web host, make sure to test it thoroughly to ensure everything is working as it should be. Check for broken links, missing images, and any other issues that may have arisen during the transfer.
- Update your DNS settings: After your website has been transferred to the new web host, you’ll need to update your domain’s DNS settings to point to the new web host’s servers. This ensures that visitors can find your website at its new location.
- Monitor your website’s performance: After the transfer, keep an eye on your website’s performance to ensure it’s running smoothly. If you notice any issues, reach out to your web host for assistance.